Hospitality Assistant (Casual)
Every week The Gatehouse Theatre welcome thousands of people through our doors to enjoy the best in live entertainment. Whether it’s a night out with friends for a special birthday or a family’s first theatre outing, you know every visit is special. We work hard to make sure each customer leaves with those unique memories you can only get from a live show…and that they want to return again and again.
What makes us different? We believe the show isn’t enough. An amazing visit to the theatre is about the whole experience, from purchasing your ticket to your drinks in the interval to telling your friends about it afterwards!
We are dedicated to delivering the best customer experience possible through innovation, making the experience of visiting the Gatehouse Theatre better than any other. From our digital ordering service, drinks and snacks, show merchandise programme selling to the premium service on our bars which offer only the best quality wine, spirits and confectionary, our focus in on making sure every customer has a fantastic time.
As part of our Customer Hospitality Team you’ll make those fantastic experiences happen. The charismatic and welcoming face of the company, you’ll offer the highest standards of customer service whether you’re welcoming audiences or working behind the bar. You’ll ensure we meet our financial targets by selling products and packages on the night and by making sure customers want to return.
So, if you’re looking for an enjoyable and flexible role at the heart of the theatre industry, this role could be for you. Full of variety, it’s both fun and challenging. You’ll take responsibility for a wide range of tasks as part of an ambitious team who are just as passionate about theatre as you are, working in our unique theatre with an ever-changing programme of events.
What are we looking for?
A great candidate for this job will:
- Have a great work ethic and care about quality
- Be observant and focussed on the customer
- Relate well to others
- Communicate effectively
- Be proactive, decisive and get things done
- Think creatively
- Have ambition and drive
- Have a flair for sales
If you have the skills to achieve our goals and an affinity for our values, we’d like to hear from you! Experience from within the entertainment sector is not essential and we actively encourage applications from people from the widest range of backgrounds, you do need to be aged 18+ for this position due to working behind the bar.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Hours: Casual hours, as and when required.
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment.
- Experience of managing a varied workload.
- Excellent communication skills and personal presentation.
- A genuine team player and have a high level of responsibility, flexibility, enthusiasm and motivation.
- Must also be able to maintain the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
- Drive and energy to enthuse the staff they are working with.
- Team orientated approach, able to work across organization boundaries and demonstrate interest and be supportive of the work of colleagues.
- Catering related qualification such as NVQ 2 or equivalent.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Experience of cash handling and a computerised till system.
We want you to love coming to work, feeling healthy, happy and valued. That’s why we’ve developed a benefits package with you in mind, so what can we offer you?
- Flexible working hours
- Training and development provided
- Paid annual leave
- Fun and busy environment
- Discounted Staff Membership
- Potential permanent work opportunities
- Opportunities to build an exciting career
Closing Date: 27th October 2023
Salary: up to £10.42 per hour